Today has definitely been one of those days where I am beyond my witts end. The day started out wonderful, I got Andrew out of bed and he was happy as a clam playing peek-a-boo on my bed with me! After playing in bed for a while we got up and went out to the living room where he found a crayon (not a big deal he draws on paper all the time, he loves to color) and started coloring on some paper. It was a little after 9am and I decided I should probably get showered and ready for the day, so I put Andrew in my room and I proceeded to get ready to shower...next thing I know I hear a scratching noise on my walls...oh yes I open the door and what do I see???? Andrew is coloring ALL over the wall. I can deal with this I thought, put the crayon away and I would clean the wall after my shower, besides I thought kids do this, and I'm the one who gave him the crayon anyways. So I again head to the bathroom whereI proceed to get ready to shower, although this time, I don't hear Andrew at all so I open up the bathroom door to see him sitting on my bedroom floor in a HUGE (at least 16oz) pile of Bubble Bath he has dumped all over the carpet and himself. By this time I was definitely frustrated, so I cleaned him up, tried to vacuum up the carpet (to no avail) which just made it worse. So finally I put Andrew in his crib and I shower, I get dressed and take him out, so we can get ready to go see Jon and take him lunch at the property. But before we leave, I feel like all I said to him this morning was No, No, No, as he unrolled our toilet paper, pulled vases out from underneath our sink, silverware out of all the drawers, he found more coloring crayons which he proceeded to color on the computer desk, inside one of his books....etc, etc. Then we head out to the property where he fights sleep and only takes a one hour nap. Come home and he has done nothing but destroy the house....needless to say, I am at witts end and am ready to put him to bed. Anyone have days like this?
More often than I would like to admit. You're not alone!! Btw, tooth paste is a great cleaner for crayons off walls :) I hope you don't have another day like this for a long time!
ReplyDeleteI am glad I read your blog today because I had one of those days TODAY!!! I feel your pain :)
ReplyDeleteOh yes! Those days happen here in our house too. I just think...tomorrow is another day! This is only a stage.
ReplyDelete