Monday, October 10, 2011

Front Porch

Last December (yes almost a year ago), Jon and I decided we would like to build a porch to add a little bit of cover from the rain, because let's face it, we live in the PNW, where it rains 10 out of the 12 months a year, so it's kind of necessary. He did build it, and it was wonderful, however as soon as he finished, I looked at him and said "I think it needs to be longer, like all the way to the end of the house longer." Jon didn't get mad or annoyed or anything for that matter, he said he would extend it for me and build it just how I wanted. So last month he did and the only question I kept getting was, "Are you sure you don't want to extend it to the other side of the house too?" To which I responded, "Nope, I will like it this way." And I DO! He did such a great job and below are pictures of the before-building-Finished porch.
(p.s. if you click on the collage it will blow-up so you can see all the pictures better)
And finally Viola, the Finished product. I LOVE IT! Thanks to my husband who built me a porch in the first place, just to have a complaining wife say it wasn't long enough and then build it longer! I love you babe and am grateful to have such a handy husband!

1 comment:

  1. Margaret you have such a sweet husband :) i love knowing that he's so good to you! You deserve the best :)

    and the house is looking fantastic!! LOVE the gray color with the white trim! :) And the porch stretching to the drive way is definitely smart.

    hope you guys are doing great! And hope that sweet Kenneth of yours is doing okay (in regards to his eye). love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete