So, if you don't already know, I'll let you in on a little secret, my husband Jon is a
WORK-A-HOLIC! It's not necessarily that he wants to be, but he has ambition and drive that pushes him to work extremely hard (and long hours) to not only provide for our family, but make sure we are successful, in other words, he doesn't want to be just
mediocre. He wants to excel not only for our family, but he wants to make other's lives easier as well. With that ambition and drive to be extraordinary (which I already know he is), he also has a "to do" list longer than almost anyone I have ever met. With our
ever-continuing-getting-closer-on-a-daily-basis-home situation he also tries squeezing in: siding his dad's shop, cleaning up our property, yard work, his regular job, our garage situation, scouts (he is Scout Master for our area), service, and our own family time, he is one busy man. This sometimes means the kids may have to go a day or so without seeing him (booo, I know). So, when Jon comes home from his regular job, I know he is headed in one door and straight out the other to fix and cross things off our own property "to do," list. When Andrew sees Jon come home, he knows he is going to head back out to work, which will usually result in Andrew saying, "Daddy I want to go to work with you, (this child gives up anything to spend time with his dad)!" So if Jon is just going outside to get stuff done, he will usually let Andrew come with him.
Which brings me to the point....A couple weeks ago we drove out to Jon's parents place so he could work on siding his dad's shop, and the kids and I were inside and had been for a while and then Grandpa comes in with a gift for Andrew! It was his own complete tool belt! Tools and all! Andrew immediately wanted it open and to put all of it on, so we let him. Once he had all his tools on he was ready to go! He was exstatic to be able to go outside and help daddy work, he had his own hard hat, hammer, level, tape measurer, ruler, chalk line, writing chalk, gloves, tool belt, suspenders, and goggles (he didn't wear those).

Andrew just could not get enough of his tools and being able to do things like his daddy does, what can I say like father, like son!!!!
love.this.picture
I know his eyes are squinty, but it just shows how truly happy he is to be working out with his dad. and a HUGE THANK-YOU to my amazing husband who works so hard and diligent to make our lives the best they can be. I love you!
oh and p.s. The other day I asked Andrew if he wanted to go shopping with me (jon wasn't even home) and he said, " No, I wanna go to work with daddy." I wonder if this will still be true when he becomes a teenager?
No comments:
Post a Comment