Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Facebook

I need to vent a little bit. I am completely and totally annoyed by Facebook. Not by the actual sight, but by how people use it. Call me old fashioned, but I like to find out important things in your life, by a phone call or an email, or a letter. I absolutely HATE that I have been finding out special moments and events in family's and friends life through facebook. How hard is it to call and say "____________?" I'm not saying that people shouldn't announce special events on facebook, I mean let's be real, it's the easiest way to reach everyone in one shot. I am frustrated that I (me imparticular) am finding out special events through there about my family and closest friends. I love my family and friends and I suppose I just wish that I was worth the call, not just a public announcement for whoever wants to know. Nearly everything inside of me wants to close my facebook account, but I am torn because I know if I do that then I would NEVER find out about the things going on in my loved ones lives (seeing as how that's where I found out I missed these important events already). As of the other day, I deleted everything on my facebook account aside from my profile picture. I just don't know what to do? I know that I have work to do and can do better and call my family and friends more to check in on their lives and get updated on those important events, who knows, maybe then I would solve my own dilemma.

No comments:

Post a Comment